The NFL is the most wagered on sports league in the United States. This includes North Carolina, which is home to the Carolina Panthers, who play out of Charlotte. NFL betting has become main stream in the past few years. Any negative stigma related to sports betting has vanished and it is now common for the spread and total betting lines to be main talking points on NFL preview shows.
On this page I will recommend a betting site for North Carolina residents, look at the regulated betting options in the state, explain the three most popular NFL bets, and provide a straight forward 3 step guide you can follow to bet on the NFL online.
Best Betting Site For North Carolina Residents
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
BetOnline.ag is our recommended betting site for NC residents looking to bet on the NFL online. BetOnline has served the US betting market since 2004 and they are currently one of the most popular and trusted offshore sportsbooks for American bettors, including North Carolina residents.
Sports Betting in NC
Sports betting is legal in North Carolina for both in-person and online betting. Currently, only in-person betting is available in the state. There are plans to launch regulated online sports betting in the state in 2024.
At this time there are only three tribal casinos taking in-person bets in the state. The two Caesars locations are located in the western part of the state, while Catawba Two Kings Casino is closer to a more densely populated location, located west of Charlotte.
North Carolina residents looking to place bets online can do so through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. BetOnline.ag falls into this category as an offshore sportsbook licensed in Panama, while accepting US bettors.
Popular NFL Bets
The three most popular bets on NFL games are the point spread, money line (to win), and total (over/under). Below I will use a Monday Night Football game between the Buffalo Bills and Denver Broncos as an example to explain these three NFL betting options.
- Point Spread – In the above example the Bills are 7 point favorites (-7). Spread bets on the Bills -7 would win if Buffalo wins by 8 or more points. The Broncos are 7 point underdogs (+7). Spread bets on the Broncos +7 would win if the Broncos win the game outright or lose by 6 or fewer points. If the Bills win by exactly 7 points then the spread bets would push (be returned).
- Money Line – A money line bet is a wager on which team will win the game outright. In the above example the Bills are -355 favorites to win the game. This means you would have to risk $355 to win $100 betting on Buffalo to win the game. The Broncos are +285 underdogs, which means every $100 risked on Denver would win $285 if they pulled off the upset.
- Total – The total for the above game is set at 47.5 points. Over bets would win if 48 or more points are scored in the game by both teams, while under bets would win if 47 or fewer points are scored.
Check out our NFL betting section for more examples and full pages dedicated to several NFL betting types.
How To Bet On The NFL From North Carolina
Complete this three step tutorial to bet on NFL games from anywhere in North Carolina.
Step 1. Open A BetOnline.ag Account
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page, and complete the sign up form to open your account.
BetOnline is our recommended betting site for NC residents.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your BetOnline account and click the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose one of the deposit methods, enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions for your deposit method to fund your account.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. You can withdraw your winnings through cryptocurrency, bank transfer, or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Bets
It’s now time to place your NFL wagers.
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Football’ drop down menu and select ‘NFL’ -> ‘NFL Football Game’. You can also select any of other NFL betting categories for other NFL betting markets.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to make the wager.
Here’s a screenshot showing the clicks outlined above in order:
That’s it. Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.