Betting on horse races is very popular in Florida. The state is home to some of the most prestigious tracks in the country with Gulfstream Park, host of the annual Pegasus World Cup and Florida Derby, being one of the most well known racetracks in the US.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for Florida residents, look at the different ways you can bet on horse races in Florida, explain the bets you can make on a horse race, and finish up with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to bet on horse races online right now.
Best Online Racebook For Florida Residents
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
BetOnline.ag is our top rated betting site for Florida residents interested in betting on horse races online. They accept players from across the United States, including Florida, and have an easy to use Racebook that takes bets on most tracks across the USA.
They offer a risk free $25 horse racing bet and 7% daily horse racing rebates. These promotions are in addition to the 50% up to $1000 first deposit bonus offered to new players.
Horse Race Betting in Florida
Florida is home to two top horse racing tracks. Gulfstream Park is one of the top tracks in the country and is host to the Pegasus World Cup and Florida Derby every year. Tampa Bay Downs is another popular track that offers live horse racing throughout the year.
Florida residents can place bets in person at both of the tracks outlined above. Both tracks also offer simulcast betting, which allows you to place bets on horse races from across the country from either tracks racebook.
Florida residents can wager on races from both Gulfstream Park and Tampa Bay Downs (as well as tracks from across the USA) online at BetOnline.ag.
Here are the maximum net profit per race limits at BetOnline for the two popular Florida horse racing tracks:
- Gulfstream Park – $25,000
- Tampa Bay Downs – $10,000
Horse Racing Betting Options
All bets in a Racebook will use the parimutuel betting system. This means the odds are not fixed. Instead the odds will change all the way up to post time depending on the amount of money wagered on each horses (and wager type) at the race track.
The win/place/show bets are the most popular horse racing wagers. They all involve betting on a horse in a single race.
- Win – A bet on the horse to win the race.
- Place – A bet on the horse to finish 1st or 2nd.
- Show – A bet on the horse to finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
Exotic (Exacta, Trifecta, Pick 6, etc.)
Exotic bets are similar to parlay bets in sports betting because you need more than one outcome to occur for them to cash. Because of this it’s possible to win big payouts betting exotics.
- Exacta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st and 2nd (in that order).
- Trifecta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd (in that order).
- Superfecta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (in that order).
- Pick 3 – A bet on the horses to win three consecutive races.
- Pick 6 – A bet on the horses to win six consecutive races.
How To Bet On Horse Races From Florida – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on horse races online from Florida.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page, and fill out the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new BOL account and click on the green ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method, enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Skrill, Neteller, and more. You can cash out through most of those methods, as well as via bank wire or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your Horse Racing Bets
It’s time to place your bets…
- Click ‘Racebook’ from the top navigation bar and select the track you want to wager on from the left sidebar.
- Select the race # and wager type for your bet.
- Enter the bet amount beside the horse(s) and click ‘Add To Bet Slip’.
- When you are happy with your wagers click ‘Submit All Bets’ to lock them in.
Here’s an example showing you the clicks to bet on a race at Gulfstream Park:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.