Betting on college basketball is very popular in Florida over the winter months, with college basketball taking center stage in the sports world for March Madness.
On this page I will recommend a betting site for Florida residents, touch on the regulated sports betting climate in the state, outline the three most popular bets you can make on college basketball games, and provide a basic three step guide you can follow to get your college hoops bets placed online.
Best Sportsbook for Florida Residents
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
BetOnline.ag is our recommended betting site for Florida residents looking to bet on college basketball games online. BetOnline has served the US betting market since 2004 and has built a strong reputation as a trusted, secure, and fair betting site over that time.
Sports Betting in Florida
Sports betting is once again legal in Florida. Sports betting initially was legalized in Florida in 2021, but a court ruling vacated the 2021 Florida gaming compact between the state and the Seminole Tribe, forcing the tribes regulated sportsbook to pull out of the state. The ruling was overturned in 2023 making sports betting legal once again.
The Seminole Tribe is expected to launch in-person sports betting at their six casinos in Florida in December of 2023. The tribe also relaunched Hard Rock Bet in a limited capacity to existing customers in November of 2023, but there is opposition to mobile betting being offered as there are still legal challenges to the gaming compact.
Overall the regulated betting industry in Florida is still very much up in the air. That said, Florida residents still have the option to bet through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. BetOnline.ag falls into this category as a sportsbook that is licensed in Panama and has served the US market since 2004, including Florida.
Check out our Florida betting section for more information on sports betting regulations in the state.
College Basketball Bets
There are three betting markets that take the majority of betting handle for most college basketball games. These are the point spread, money line (to win), and total (over/under). Below I will use a Duke vs Michigan State game as an example to explain these three common college basketball bets.
- Point Spread – In the above example Duke is a 4 point favorite (-4). A spread bet on Duke would win if Duke wins the game by 5 or more points. Michigan State is a 4 point underdog (+4). Michigan State spread bets would win if Michigan State wins the game outright or loses by 3 or fewer points. If Duke wins by example 4 points then the point spread bets would push and be returned.
- Money Line – Duke is a -180 favorite to win the game outright. This means you would have to risk $180 to win $100 betting on Duke to win the game. Michigan State is a +160 underdog to win the game. This means every $100 risked on Michigan State would win $160 if they pulled off the upset.
- Total – The total for the game is set at 142 points. Over bets would win if 143 or more points are scored in the game by both teams combined. Under bets would win if 141 or fewer points are scored. If exactly 142 points are scored then the total bets would push.
Check out our college basketball betting page for a more in depth breakdown of these bets, including another example.
How To Bet On College Basketball From Florida
Follow this three step guide to bet on college basketball online from anywhere in Florida.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the landing page, and complete the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your BetOnline account and click the green ‘Deposit’ button. Choose one of the deposit options, enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions for your deposit method to fund your account.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Bitcoin, ETH, and more. You can withdraw your winnings via Bitcoin, ETH, bank transfer or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your College Basketball Bets
It’s now time to place your college basketball wagers:
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’ -> ‘NCAA Basketball Game’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to place to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to make the wager.
You should now be ready to bet. Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.