The MLS is the top professional soccer league in North America. It was founded in 1993, with the first season taking place in 1996 with 10 teams taking part. The league has since grown to 27 teams, with 24 located in the United States and 3 in Canada. The quality of the MLS has improved dramatically over the past decade with top players such as Alejandro Pozuelo or Diego Rossi playing in the MLS in the prime of their careers. Keep up with all of the news at MLSsoccer.com.
As the MLS has continued to grow in popularity over recent years, so has MLS betting and the MLS betting options you can find online. The MLS is still a lower level league than the top leagues in Europe, but being the top soccer league in North America, the MLS still garners plenty of betting interest. On this page I will outline how to bet on MLS matches online.
Best MLS Betting Sites
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
|100% up to $250||Review||Visit|
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
All of the above sportsbooks take bets on every MLS match throughout the season. The most popular bets on MLS games are the money line (match outcome), over/under (total) and spread lines. Here is a quick overview of these three MLS betting options:
- Money Line (match outcome) – Also known as 1×2 betting, this type of bet is a wager on the final result of the match. You can bet on Team A, Team B, or a draw. The odds for each outcome will determine your risk vs reward. A bet on the underdog will payout more than a bet on the favorite.
- Over/Under (total) – This is a bet on the total number of goals to be scored in the game by both teams. The oddsmaker will set a total and you can you bet on whether the number of goals scored will be over or under this amount.
- Spread – This is a bet where a handicap is used to even the playing field. You will often see a 0.5 goal spread in MLS games. The -0.5 goal favorite would payout if they win the game, while the +0.5 goal underdog bets would payout if they either won or the game ended in draw.
To learn more about soccer betting check out that section.
How To Bet on MLS Online – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on MLS matches online:
Step 1. Join A Betting Site
First you will need to open an account with an online betting site that takes best on MLS matches. BetOnline.ag is our top rated betting site for MLS betting.
Click here to visit BetOnline.ag. Select ‘Join Now’ on the landing page and fill out the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Next you will need to add the funds you want to bet with. Log into your account and click on the ‘Deposit’ link. Select your preferred deposit method, enter your deposit amount, and complete the instructions to fund your account.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, bitcoin, Skrill, and various other deposit methods depending on your location.
Step 3. Place Your MLS Bets
It’s time to place your bets.
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Soccer’ drop down menu and select ‘Top Leagues’ -> ‘USA’ -> ‘Major League Soccer’.
- Select the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount and click ‘Place Bet’ to lock in your wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.